Monday, July 28, 2014

Movie Review and Update

Dear friends,
Finally made our "date night" on Saturday. We went to watch the new Transformers movie (missed seeing it in 3D unfortunately) and I must say I was slightly disappointed in the story line. The graphics were amazing as usual but it seemed to lack the flow the first 3 movies had. When the story first starts, you feel like you've missed out on something and it never fully describes how things got to the point they're at. Probably has something to do with the fact that none of the original actors bothered to have any part of this film.
I did enjoy the movie despite its flaws and will more than likely add it to my collection when it is released on DVD.
The previews for Hercules did catch my attention, yet I doubt I'll get to see that one until it's on DVD. We don't typically make it to the theater and I am more than happy to watch most movies from the comfort of my couch. I do normally watch at least one movie a week however since we've moved I haven't had a chance. One of my grand plans for the week does consist of visiting our local rental store to see what they have and actually set up an account so I can start watching all the releases I've missed in the past 3 months. Needless to say I have quite a bit of catching up to do.
On another note, the Angel of Christmas is coming along nicely. I would say there are about 100 stitches left before all the little details must begin... backstitching, french knots, etc. I am so thrilled she has been coming along so nicely and can not wait to see this piece finished. It will feel nice to finally have something finished since I seem to be the queen of starting a million projects and taking my sweet time to finish them!

Soon I will be trying my hand at matting and framing my own piece! I figure it's well worth the money I'll spend getting supplies since it will allow me to frame so many things for a fraction of the cost it would take if I had it done for me. What can I say, I am cheap :)
That's all for the moment folks!
Happy stitching, happy living!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *