Monday, August 4, 2014

Backstitching

Dear friends,
For as much as I would like to post a picture of the backstitching progress on the Angel of Christmas, I cannot.
My camera, aka my phone, and my computer are fine. My backstitching experience, however, is severely lacking. As in I have no idea how to follow the line. I do know the basic concept of backstitching just not how many squares to go or if I can stitch between the holes on Aida.
Needless to say I am so confused so any help would be greatly appreciated!!

1 comment:

  1. Backstitching can be done in two different ways depending in the Stitcher's personal preference.
    First way - make your stitches no more than one block of aida long so you may need it split the block if you're stitching on aida.
    Second way - make the stitches from whole blocks only. This will result in much longer straight stitches which can catch or pucker so don't go more than three or four blocks at a time.
    It's hard to describe without a picture!

    ReplyDelete

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *